The Stockholm Polo School school offers customized polo courses for riding and playing for all levels – from complete beginners to intermediate to advanced. The school is equipped with trained Argentinian polo horses. In addition to instruction courses, the school has horses for hire for practice games as well as for tournaments. All courses have an appropriate combination of the following modules depending on duration and specific needs and abilities of the participants.
- Polo theory, Rules and Tactics: An essential part of learning a fast, challenging and fun competitive team sport.
- Polo Riding: The polo horse and correct and confident riding account for 60-70% of success and the fun in Polo.
- Polo Swing & Stickwork: We build and improve your swing and the various shots at first using short foot sticks and importantly our wooden horse, which is a most practical way of acquiring good stick skills without a live moving horse.
- ”Stick & Ball” on horseback: We bring together riding skills and basic stick skills for you to experience the magic sound of stick head meeting the ball while you are completely at ease on your horse.
- Instructional and Practice Chukkas: Combining your riding, stickwork, the rules and the tactics to actually play the oldest and fastest competitive team sport in the world!
The courses are being organized anytime from the beginning of May through to end of September at the Stockholm Polo Club located at Uddnäs Gård, next to Stäket in Järfälla, which is close to Stockholm city. At various times in the season, there can be group courses which individuals can join subject to availability of places. Outside the summer season, from October through April and by special arrangement, instruction trips are organized to countries outside Sweden for groups of at least 4 for any periods from a weekend to longer depending on the time of year, the size and interest of the group and distance to be travelled. All prices includes instruction, horses, equipment (except boots, helmet, gloves, riding trousers or comfortable jeans). It is possible to buy polo equipment in the shop at Stockholm Polo Club.
- Private instruction: 1095 sek per person and session (if you have your own horse the price is 550 sek).
- Group instruction (3 or more participants): 995 per person and session.
- Course of 5 instruction sessions: 5100 sek per person (the sessions could be in the same day, over one week or spread out over several weeks).
- Playing games (chukkas): 1095 sek per person and chukka.
Information regarding the schools can be obtained from contact persons of Stockholm Polo Club (see the page with contact information).